5 reasons why we love bamboo
Not only does bamboo look fabulous in your home, it also has some awesome benefits that you may not know about. So we're here to inform you of a few...
1. Sustainable: Bamboo provides us with a sustainable resource that can be used to produce wood for construction and create many different products. Bamboo also helps to prevent soil erosion. Erosion can devastate and destroy soil and render it dead. In areas where bamboo has been introduced, it can help to regenerate once fruitless soil.
2. Biodegradable: Bamboo is 100% natural and biodegradable. Once you have no further use for a bamboo product you can rest easy, knowing that it will return to the earth leaving minimal environmental impact.
3. Durable: Bamboo has been found to have a tensile strength that is greater than that of even steel. Tensile strength is the measure that determines how likely a material is to break. The beauty of bamboo, is that it isn't made to break. Instead, bamboo goes with the flow and has the ability to bend. Bamboo products can be stronger than steel and aluminium.
4. Eco-Friendly: Bamboo's green footprint makes it a plant that could shape our future. Bamboo absorbs more carbon dioxide from the air than your average tree. It also releases more oxygen into the environment which improves air quality, making bamboo a valuable partner in fighting climate change.
5. Easy to Grow: As long as the climate is right, bamboo grows in nearly any type of soil. It requires little maintenance and is relatively drought tolerant. Bamboo can reach full maturity in just three to five years!